Computers have become so normal that almost everyone has a desktop or laptop these days. Also, we can now do our office work while students can attend their classes by using a computer. Dell is one of the most popular computer manufacturers globally and has a lot of users. Although many users still don’t know how to take screenshots which is totally fine as it is impossible to know everything.
Screenshots are nothing but a photo of your computer’s screen. If there is something important on the screen that you might want to save, you can just take a screenshot of it, and it will be saved in the drive. So in this article, we are going to learn how to take screenshots on your Dell Laptop. Without further delay, let’s go through all the methods.
How to Take Screenshots on Dell Laptops on Windows 10/11
Below you will find all the methods to take screenshots on Dell laptops. Let’s get started!
1Take Screenshots using the Print Screen Key on Dell Laptops.
You can take screenshots very easily without downloading any other program. On your Dell laptop, you will find the Print Screen key at the top row of the keyboard. The exact naming may vary from one model to another. It might be paired with another key on some laptops, and some laptops denote it as the PrtSrc key. If the key is paired with another key, you will need to press the Function. So to take a screenshot-
- Go to the screen you want to take a screenshot of. There are no restrictions as you can take a screenshot of any programs, including websites and desktop windows.
- After going to the screen, find the Windows key and Print Screen or PrtScr key. Then press Win + PrtScr simultaneously, which will take a full screenshot, including everything on the screen.
- This print screen key might be paired with another key on some laptops, usually with the Insert key. In that case, you will find the Function key on the keyboard. So press the Function + Windows + Insert/PrtScr keys together.
- By doing this, it will take a full-screen screenshot as well.
However, you can also take a screenshot of the active window. For that-
- Select the window you want to take a screenshot of by clicking anywhere on that window.
- Then press Win + Alt + PrtScr keys simultaneously if your laptop has a separate PrtScr key.
- If not, then press the Win + Function + Alt + PrtScr keys. You have to press the Alt key this time to take a screenshot of the active window.
- This process will only take a screenshot of the active window.
After you take a successful screenshot, the screen will flicker, indicating that the screenshot is saved, and Windows creates a separate folder to save the screenshot. You have to navigate to the C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots folder to find that. You can also search on the Windows search by typing Screenshots. This will bring the folder in front of you as well.
Besides, Windows also saves all the recent screenshots on the clipboard. So you can just press the Ctrl + V keys, and it will paste the screenshot wherever you want. Additionally, if you didn’t know, pressing the Win + V keys will open up the clipboard menu, where you will get all the clipboard contents, including screenshots.
2Take Screenshots using the Snipping Tool on Dell Laptops.
Windows operating system comes with a preinstalled program named Snipping Tools. Every Windows OS-running laptop has this application, including every Dell laptop. Using this tool, you can take screenshots very easily. For that-
- Type Snipping Tool on the Windows Search bar and click on the exact search result. After opening the tool, you will see a couple of options for taking screenshots.
- On the top left corner, you will see the New option. You can use this to take screenshots of any part of the screen.
- Besides that option, you will see another option named Modes. Click on that; it will bring up a few more options. Click on the ‘Free Form Snip’ to take screenshots in any shape and size. While the ‘Rectangular Snip’ will take only normal screenshots of any size. There is another option named ‘Window Snip’ to take screenshots of active windows only. Lastly, the ‘Full-Screen Snip’ captures the entire screen.
- After taking a screenshot, it will open a new window where you will be able to draw and edit.
- At last, you can save the screenshot by clicking on the Save icon button on the top or by just pressing the CTRL + S keys and choosing the location where you want to save it.
3Take Screenshots using the Snip and Sketch application
There is another application preinstalled on Windows to take screenshots. Actually, Microsoft is removing the Snipping Tool from Windows in the future. So it is better to know how to take screenshots using the Snip and Sketch tools.
- Type Snip & Sketch on the Windows search bar, showing the applications. So double-click on that.
- Next, it will open the applications, and you will see the New button in the top left corner. In contrast, there are a few more things in the three dots button in the top right corner. Click on that; you will see the Settings option, where you can change a few options.
- To take a screenshot, click on the New button. After clicking, it will give four similar options, and all of them do the same things as we have seen in the previous method.
- So after taking a screenshot, it will open a new window to edit and draw on the screenshot. Again, to save the capture, click on the Save icon or press CTRL + S and choose the location.
4Take Screenshots using Third Party Applications.
Numerous applications are available for Windows OS and can be used on any Dell laptop to take screenshots. If you don’t like the built-in Windows applications, you can try these programs. Besides, these programs have more features as well. So here are some of the best third-party applications to take screenshots- “LightShot, PicPick, Screenrec, and Greenshot.”
In this article, we have provided four easy methods to take screenshots on any Dell laptop or desktop. If you don’t know how to take screenshots, then all you have to do now is just follow the steps. You can take screenshots by using any of the above methods. If you don’t find any of them on your laptops, there might be some issues with the Windows OS. You can reinstall Windows or visit any nearest service center to fix that. So that was all of it. We hope you enjoyed our work, and you can also leave a comment if there are any doubts.